If you’re going to be in the Seattle area on Monday, December 17th, come see Grant Crilly and Chris Young take the stage at Town Hall Seattle with a presentation that will unlock some kitchen mysteries and improve your cooking skills.
They will be showcasing products from the Pike Place Market to illustrate:
- how to roast your turkey, goose, duck or chicken to perfection — all available at Don & Joe’s Meats.
- the ChefSteps’ sous vide salmon 104 °F recipe using local salmon from City Fish.
- the ease and practicality of cooking a steak sous vide using beef from Don & Joe’s Meats.
- how to make the best French press coffee of your life using Herkimer coffee available at DeLaurenti.
- how to use your pressure cooker to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup with squash from Sosio’s Fruit and Produce.
- an aeration demonstration using Theo Chocolate available at DeLaurenti.
- a spectacular holiday dessert using ingredients from Pike Place Market Creamery.
If you’ve got older kids who like to cook and like science, bring them along as well. They’ll see some scientific principles in action that they can use in the kitchen and share with their friends in the classroom. Not to mention, it wouldn’t be popular science without liquid nitrogen and Chris and Grant will no doubt deliver!
Pike Place Market vendors, including: Uli’s Famous Sausage, Sosio’s Fruit and Produce, Mt. Townsend Creamery, and City Fish, will be providing samples for you to enjoy before and after the lecture. If you’re in the market for some holiday gifts, Book Larder will also be on-site before and after to sell some great cookbooks by local authors.
Grant Crilly, Chris Young, Ryan Matthew Smith and the rest of the ChefSteps team.